import song to itunes from within Rev

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 12 23:51:13 EST 2006

Hello listeroos,

I need to figure out how to import a song via script into iTunes from
with in Rev. I assume the best approach is to use AppleScript and I
can't figure it out, yet. I was also thinking there might be a way to
do it straight in Rev.

I think I am stuck on the filepaths in AS and the use of "as alias"
and or " as string".

My other commands are AS in Rev and work fine.

Here is my AS script in a field in Rev:
try
tell application "Finder" to set thisitem to "Macintosh HD/Users/
mcgrath3/Desktop/this will bw the day that i die.mp3" as alias
tell application "iTunes"
add thisitem
end tell
end try

I thought that "add" would do it and then I could copy it to my
playlist but it does not show up in the main library in iTunes. This
does not generate any complie or execution errors at all yet does not
work. (unless a refresh is needed ???? hhmm)

Thanks

Tom

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net