Minimum Mac specs for Rev 2.6.1?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 12 13:45:15 EST 2006

Ken Apthorpe wrote:
> Thanks for your welcome, and replies.
>
> I did notice the Docs took some time to update, so I've learned to be
> patient. I've tried using Rev without the Docs open, and with all stack
> windows, palettes etc positioned on main monitor. It is still freezing up.
>
> Latest freeze occurred when I placed a text field on a card, and switched to
> browse mode to edit the content.  RR refused to switch back to edit mode.  I
> had tool palette and application browser open, plus stack window with only
> one card.
>
> I'll try removing third party plug-ins and see how it goes.  And maybe I
> should lodge some crash reports with Rev rather than pestering you with
> these teething problems.  However, it would resolve one uncertainty for me
> if someone could say whether I have enough RAM to run it (and Finder).

For a while, please do continue to pester us. We want to help you figure
this out, and it may help others on the list too if we know what's going on.

Your system specs should work fine, you are well within the necessary
requirements. I don't think that's the problem. Reinstalling the app is
the first step, as Eric suggested.

If that doesn't work, tell us what you mean when you say "freezes up".
Does the cursor also freeze -- that is, can you still move it? Or is the
cursor shape just frozen but it still moves? If it still moves, but you
cannnot click on anything, you may be in an infinite loop somewhere. Try
holding down Command-period to see if you can break out of the loop.

Does your stack have any scripts yet? In particular, does it have any
handlers that use a repeat loop? Or is it just unscripted objects so far?

Can you work on a single new mainstack (no substacks) without a freeze?

Version 2.6.1 has been very stable for all of us, so whatever is
happening is definitely out of the norm. The most likely thing going
wrong would be a runaway script of some sort. Trying the Command-period
trick will tell us if that's the case. Keep us posted. That's what we're
here for.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com