massive xml docs

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Feb 9 16:06:13 EST 2006

> Also in ideal these tools must be able handle queries to XML document.
> This can be Xpath, Xquery, or SQL/XML.

...and I'd advise staying away from XPath as well. It's gotten
splintered into too many proprietary spinoffs.

XQuery is much easier to read (IMO) and is pretty standardized these
days. The only thing you can't do with it is update a document.

To my mind, a 100MB xml document is poorly designed. It should be
segmented into a hierarchy of smaller documents or exported to a
database. But nobody asked me.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net