Command Line & Paths Question

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Thu Feb 9 13:19:50 EST 2006

Greetings,

Thank you all for the help on extracting the file name from the path
and getting command line params sent to my app.

But now it seems I've run into a bit of another situation.

1.  On OSX, if I ask Finder to open a text file with another app, and
then select my resulting compiled .app, there is nothing in 1$ at
all.  And I can't drag and drop a text file on my .app.  But on
Windows 1$ does contain the path and file name.

Q:  Am I doing something wrong?  Better yet, is there something
special I need to do in order to get my .app to accept command line
parameters?

Q:  Is there something special I need to do in order to allow my .app
to be able to accept droped files on it in Finder and on the Dock?

2.  In Windows, the command line param is showing up, but it's
coughing up the old 8.3 file naming.

Q:  Is this a issue with Windows and how command line data is sent,
such as if it's in quotes, rock on, but if not, it's rock pounding in
the stone age?

Thanks and best regards,
-Garrett