massive xml docs

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Feb 9 02:15:12 EST 2006

On 2/8/06 11:26 PM, "Todd Geist" <tg.lists at geistinteractive.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2006, at 9:44 PM, tsnyder at mddev.com wrote:
>
>> You can use revcreatexmltree, and just tell it to not build the dom
>> tree/or keep the document in memory, and handle the messages.
>>
>> revCreateXMLTree(field "XML Data",true,false,true)
>
> But won't that still choke on something as big as 100MB?

If I read it correctly, the answer is "no" - basically, with "true" as the
last param, you're telling the DLL to send you a message when it's about to
start parsing the tree, when it encounters each node (so you can extract
attributes from the node) and when it encounters data for the node. So you
write your own code to work with the XML data as it's being parsed...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com