Group script triggers objects out of it!

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Feb 8 08:31:30 EST 2006

It certainly mimics the old HC behaviour, but I'm not so sure it's
ideal in the context of Revolution. Still, to change it now might
break so much existing code that it's probably not a good idea.

I suppose one could avoid having the group as a background, and
simply place it explicitly on each card that needs it., but I can
understand Erics annoyance.

Mark

On 8 Feb 2006, at 11:34, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
>> Hi Mark and Klaus,
>>
>> Thanks for confirming this.
>> I suspected some kind of "corruption"...
>> Nevertheless I find it non consistent.
>> It obliges to check if the target is really owned by the group
>> before executing any system message handler!
>> I would understand this behavior for imported HC stacks
>> (HCAdressing = true) but not with Rev (HCAdressing = false by
>> default).
>> What's your opinion?
>
> Hmmm, since it behaves this way since I started to use MC in 1999,
> I got accustomed to it and thus find it "normal" behaviour :-)
>
>> Best Regards from Paris,
>> Eric Chatonet
>> Le 8 févr. 06 à 12:23, Klaus Major a écrit :
>>> Hi Eric,
>>> this is normal behaviour of the message path!
>>> Bottom to top it goes:
>>> engine
>>> homestack
>>> stack
>>> (bg = group with bg behaviour set to true)
>>> card
>>> (group)