Comparing two versions of a RunRev app

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Feb 8 08:11:55 EST 2006

André,

As you say: a bit risky...
I would say by experience: certainly risky :-)
Duplicate the stack and write a little script that will rename (and
back) one of the stacks and its substacks:

on RenameStacks
   answer file "Choose a stack:"
   if it = empty then return "Cancel"
   lock messages
   go invisible to stack it
   if the short name of this stack contains ".original" then
     set the name of this stack to char 1 to -10 of the name of this
stack
     repeat for each line tSubStack in the substacks of this stack
       set the name of stack tSubStack  to char 1 to -10 of the name
of stack tSubStack
     end repeat
     put "All renamed without suffix"
   else
     set the name of this stack to the name of this stack & ".original"
     repeat for each line tSubStack in the substacks of this stack
       set the name of stack tSubStack  to the name of stack
tSubStack & ".original"
     end repeat
     put "All renamed with suffix"
   end if
   save this stack
   delete this stack
end RenameStacks

Le 8 févr. 06 à 13:57, André.Bisseret a écrit :

> It seems that the only way to do that, is again to put one script
> window on the left and the other on the right of the screen, and
> pay attention to keep this in (my) memory ! (a bit risky isn't it ?).
> It seems that otherwise,it is necessary to change the name of one
> of the version of the same stack (and of all its substacks) :-(((

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet