Ask does not wait for an answer

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 22:14:29 EST 2006

Just a quick guess... the Ask dialog is actually a Rev stack and you might
be getting a crazy 'closefield' message sent as the dialog is used, which
triggers another event loop.

I get pretty much the same thing, and don't have time tonight to check out
the details, however...

Do the following:
open the message watcher

mod your script to this
-------------------------
on closeField
  if fld "Ship Date 1" is empty
  then
    ask "Enter a date for this shipment:" with the short date
    if the result is "Cancel" then
      put empty into fld "Ship Date 1"
      select empty
      --exit closeField