How do you get a list of all the custom properties of a control?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Feb 7 11:10:57 EST 2006

Hi Jim:

 From the docs:
You use the customKeys property of an object to find out what custom
properties the object has. You can use the Custom properties pane in
the object's property inspector to see a list of its custom
properties, or use the customKeys property in a handler or the
message box.
Important!  If the object has more than one custom property set, you
must set the customPropertySet to the correct set before checking the
customKeys.
The following example lists all the custom properties in a graphic:

   put the customKeys of graphic 1 into myCustomProps
   answer myCustomProps

To get a comma delimited list:
replace cr with comma in myCustomProps

You might be interested in Resources Picker, a plugin available from
my website.
I used it to reply to you by entering "properties" as a keyword and
searching the "FAQ" section.
Four FAQ were displayed:

1. How do I see and change an object's properties?
2. How do I show more than one object's properties at a time?
3. How do I delete all an object's custom properties?
4. How do I list an object's custom properties?

:-)

Le 7 févr. 06 à 16:59, Jim Carwardine a écrit :

> This is something simple that I can't get to work and the link I
> need in the
> Rev docs (How do I list an object's custom properties?) doesn't
> work for
> some reason.
>
> So, how do I list the custom properties of an object?  Or more
> specifically,
> place them as a comma-delimited string in a variable?

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet