How to save data from standalone?

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Mon Feb 6 14:03:28 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

> ...all right, technically it *is* possible to do save to an
> executable if you pull the right tricks. That's how resource
> editors work. Are you saying that an executable can modify
> *itself*, though? That would involve fiddling with runtime
> permissions at a very deep level, and I'm not at all
> convinced you could get away with it.

See:

<
http://www.componentace.com/bde_replacement_database_delphi_absolute_dat
abase.htm#overview >

This is one example. There are others.  Keep in mind that
security isn't the issue it should be on Windows.  Even
corporate users don't always enforce user behaviour via
policies as they should.

Scott