This I would call a bug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Feb 5 20:57:18 EST 2006

David Bovill wrote:
> It can be a problem:
>
> On 5 Feb 2006, at 17:04, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> The long ID of a group includes the ID of the current card. I
>
> setprop new_Text someText
>     put the long id of the target into someField
>     set the text of someField to someText
> end new_Text
>
> set the new_Text of fld "Test" of card 3 to "Hello world!"

It's the same object regardless of which card it's on.

We've already shown you how to modify the second line to include the
card reference, but more importantly with the sole exception of a
background field's text the object's properties are the same across all
cards.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation