How to save data from standalone?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Feb 5 16:12:02 EST 2006

Marielle-

Sunday, February 5, 2006, 10:01:20 AM, you wrote:

> 1. I thought I had read on this list that custom properties were
> saved in standalone format that there was no need to create a splash
> screen to handle this. What did I get wrong?

Any attempt to modify an application will not work. This is not a
runrev thing, it's part of the OS. This includes saving data in the
mainstack and setting custom (or builtin) properties. They will work
but are not persistent. If you need to save data changes then you need
separate substacks; or create a splashscreen and use your mainstack as
a separate substack of it.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net