relayering groups within groups?

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 23:05:55 EST 2006

Jonathan,
I don't know the algorithm but, as a three year user, I can tell you
about the interface:
There is a list of all objects on the card, including background groups.
The objects are listed as layered, layer 1 at the top of the list.
You relayer objects on the card by dragging their names up or down in
the list.
If the moved object is within a group, it gets relayered within that
group.
If the moved object is a group, the entire group moves to the new layer.

Here's the real magic:
You can drag objects into or out of groups!

The last item above is particularly valuable:
You can move a card object into a background group, so it appears on
all cards.
You can easily see which objects are part of any group.
You can move objects from one group to another.
You can remove objects that have been misplaced into the menu group.

You can select objects that are hidden by other objects on the card.
You can find and select and inspect objects that were accidentally
moved outside the screen rect.

Navigator is invaluable if you deal with groups or multiple layers.
Paul Looney