Offscreen Screencapture?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 20:24:30 EST 2006

Hi Scott -

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Howdy List:
>
> I'm batting around the issue of screen capture on Windows again and am
> wondering if anyone has found a way to capture offscreen content (ie a stack
> with loc set to -1000,-1000).  This works fine on MacOSX but using the same
> standard import snapshot routine fails on Windows (XP).
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

No suggestions, sorry, just observations...

- Using 'export snapshot' I got a similar error on Mac today by shooting
a rect in an offscreen stack, where the rect was that of a *hidden*
image object. But as long as the image object visible = true, all is well.

- On Windows I just tested this with 'export snapshot'. My results were
same as yours. I also found that if I move my snapshot stack (or target
rectangle) partly offscreen, only the ONscreen part of the rect is
included in the snapshot output.

Phil Davis