how to click at a link in a handler

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Feb 2 14:39:00 EST 2006

Le Thursday, 2 Feb 2006, à 19:14 Europe/Paris, Jim Ault a écrit :

> On 2/2/06 10:03 AM, "André.Bisseret" <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
>> find line 1 of fld "FoundCards"
>>   click at the foundLoc
>>
>> When they are in the script, It does what I want (the right card
>> appears) but I get the error "click: expression is not a point" !??
>>
> If you know what the link does, why not just execute that step and
> forget
> about clicking on the link?
It's because, in fact, a click on a link of the list of cards does not
only show the corresponding card to the user but does others actions on
this card (looking for keywords, highlighting them by setting their
backgroundColor, making visible a button (which allow to set the
backgroundColor to empty, …).
So I would like to simply click on the link to avoid to duplicate the
scripting of these actions.

Thanks for your kind attention
André
from Grenoble

> Jim Ault
> Las Vegas
>
> On 2/2/06 10:03 AM, "André.Bisseret" <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>   In a substack, I have a button "Search" that, starting from
>> keywords,
>> searches for a subset of cards in the main stack.
>> Then, it put the found list of cards in a field of the substack. Each
>> card (say, its short name) on one line, set as link.
>> When clicking such a link,  the user is sent to the corresponding card
>> in the mainStack.
>>
>> At the end of the script, in order to show immediately the first found
>> card, I would like to click automatically, in place of the user, on
>> the
>> first link of the list.
>> I tried this 2 statements :
>>
>> find line 1 of fld "FoundCards"
>>   click at the foundLoc
>>
>> When they are in the script, It does what I want (the right card
>> appears) but I get the error "click: expression is not a point" !??
>>
>> Meanwhile, if I try exactly the same 2 statements in the message box,
>> it works well !!!
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any explanation and help !
>>
>> best regards
>> André

André Bisseret
Directeur de recherche émérite
Adresse : 140 rue E. Béthoux - 38220 Vizille
Tél. : 04 76 68 15 24
Courriel : Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
            et : bisseret at andre-bisseret.com
site Multifiches :