using stacks on multiple computers

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Wed Feb 1 22:33:56 EST 2006

Jacqueline,
   I routinely use dynamic path allocation (i.e., relative to the
stack).  For example, to set the path to the folder "data" in the
same folder as the stack, I routinely use (in Metacard/RR):
   --
   --  Get/Set Paths
   --

But, although this approach works with Metacard and RR, it doesn't
work with DreamCard (at least, not DreamCard Player); I believe the

On 1-Feb-06, at 2:17 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> John Vokey wrote:
>> A common problem with DreamCard is that the file paths are not
>> the  same
>> as MetaCard/RR.  So, if your stack loads images or other stacks,  it
>> will fail to locate them if you use dynamic path allocation.
>
> I haven't had any trouble so far...how are they different? Is there
> something I should be watching for?
>
> --

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey