mysql to valentina using libdatabase

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Dec 29 13:37:54 EST 2006

On Dec 29, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Robert Mann wrote:

> So more specifically how are people using libDatabase to do a
> conversion of
> a mysql database to valentina?

Robert,

I've just uploaded a newer version of libDatabase to my site.  This
version has been tested with Valentina 2 more than the version you
downloaded.  I've also included libDatabaseObjects, an example stack
and additional documentation.  I haven't had time to proof the text
and do some other sanity checks on the examples but I'm not sure when
I will so I am just putting it up there.

http://bluemangolearning.com/developer/revolution/

libDatabase contains a handler that attempts to convert from one
database to another.  I've used it in my projects to convert from
MySQL (which we use in-house) to Valentina 1.x databases for
deployment to customers.  I haven't tried it with Valentina 2 though.

Check out the PDF documents included in the download for more info.
If nothing else, you can look at the libDatabase code for ideas on
how to do the conversion.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com