htmlText, xHTML and revXML

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Dec 23 11:48:42 EST 2006

Jim _ thought that was the whole point of xHTML?

That is that xHTML is HTML that works with XML parsers - that is why you can
view xHTML outlines in tools such as GoLive. I assumed htmltext from it's
look was xHTML compliant - ans so always assumd that it would be
straightforward to parse with the XML tools....

 The question is where the logic breaks - is it that xMHTML cannot be parsed
with the XML tools in Rev - or is it that for some crazy reason htmltext is
not XHTML compliant (ie a subset of xHTML) and therefore alid XML. If the
latter which I suspect? - what would I need to do to htmltext to make it
valid XML?