Answer Folder Breaking on Long Folder names in OSX --Help!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 21 16:46:35 EST 2006

Panic over... I found it:

FUNCTION stsLongFilePath pPath
   SWITCH (the platform)
   CASE "MacOS"  -- assumes OS X
     put "set tPath to" && quote & pPath & quote & cr & \
         "set tPath to (POSIX file tPath) as string" & cr & \
         "POSIX path of tPath" into tScript
     do tScript as "AppleScript"
     return (char 2 to -2 of the result)  -- strips quotes
     break
   CASE "Win32"
     return the longfilepath of pPath
     break
   END SWITCH
END stsLongFilePath

now stored in my trusty "Scripter's Scrapbook"
  where I found another, more complex
raw function for this same duty.