Changing the Screen Resolution

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Dec 21 15:04:39 EST 2006

On 12/21/06 1:40 PM, "Brad Sampson" <programmer711 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
> an application I am currently working on goes to full screen with an
> 800x600 resolution on 2 monitors.  However, when I restore development
> tools, I want to change the resolution of both montors, so that I can
> see the full stack, the menubar, and still have room for tools,
> scripts, message box, etc.  I am on Mac OS 10.4.  I assume there is a
> shell command to do this.  Does anyone know what it is, or how to do
> this?

Check out 'cscreen' - it's a command-line app that lets you modify monitor
settings including resolution. The original author has taken the site down,
but you can download it here:

  http://browsershots.org/downloads/thirdparty/cscreen.dmg

To get docs on it, issue 'cscreen -h" at the command line (or use the full
path to where you downloaded cscreen).

Have fun!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.