Mac OSX speech applescripts not active

Joshua Snyder joshua at califex.com
Wed Dec 20 23:51:15 EST 2006

So,   I now have applescript working to interact with my
application,  However, I want to use applescripts as Application
spsific speakable items,   now in order to do to do this,  you simply
create a folder within the speakable items folder that corresponds to
the application name,  and then any applescripts placed within that
folder are considered speakable commands for that application only.
and in fact that list is dynamic (you can add or remove commands just
by adding or removing files).

So,  that's how it's SUPPOSED to work....

However,  for both my application, AND the Rev IDE, no speakable
items register as application specific speakable items,  and I am at
a loss to find out why or how to fix it.... I have tried to troll the
Apple Applescript forums, with no success.

I have tested, and the commands I want to use are recognized as
speakable for other applications.   and other applications
application spsific speakable items do work for the other
applications,  so it seems that it is something lacking in Rev and my
standalone in tearms of "registering" as a speakable application
perhaps?   or somehow otherwise not being recognized by the speech
engine?

for whatever reason... it is being maddening.

Josh