Solstice salutations!

Todd Higgins higginsta at mac.com
Wed Dec 20 13:16:51 EST 2006

I don't want to interject politics into this discussion, but I
received the following holiday greeting and I thought I would pass it
along as it may help other craft an appropriate end of the year
greeting. ;-)

For My Democratic Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, explicit or implied, our best
wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-
stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter
solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of
the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or
traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all.

We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally
accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the
calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society
have helped make America great.  Not to imply that America is
necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in
the Western Hemisphere, and without regard to the race, creed, color,
age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the
wishee.

By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This
greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies
no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and
is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is
warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good
tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a
subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is
limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the
sole discretion of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Todd