Unicode text for buttons, etc

Carly J. Born cborn at carleton.edu
Wed Dec 20 10:11:28 EST 2006

I'm new to using RunRev and so forgive me if this has been covered in
a previous thread.

I'm looking for a method of delivering what will potentially become a
digital foreign language textbook, for which I need full Unicode
support.  I'm playing with the trial version and am having a hard
time getting Unicode to 'stick' in simple button labels.  Sometimes
the characters stick (after retyping a few times) and sometimes I
just can get them to stay and get jumbled up.

My questions are:
  -  is there a way to set the default font of the entire stack
during development? (the setting I found also doesn't seem to stick)
-  is Unicode reliably usable within the authoring environment? (I've
seen a few references to calling unicode text files, is that the only
way?)
-  Do you have any recommendations for working with unicode foreign
languages in RunRev?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Foreign Language Technology
http://go.carleton.edu/f

Carly J. Born
Academic Computing Coordinator for Foreign Languages & Literature
Carleton College | 507-646-7010 | cborn at carleton.edu