Fun with fonts on Linux

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 08:20:04 EST 2006

I can only report what actually happens.  Are we doing the same thing?  I am
running 2.6.1 IDE and engine on Linux - specifically on AMD64, Etch.  I can't
test compiling a stack on another platform, but with Linux as the target, not
having a Windows or Mac installation that will do that.  The results might
well be different.  This is running the engine and IDE in 'native mode'.

I too have a file /home/peter/.fonts, and it has around 350 fonts in it.  But
none of these fonts seem to be available either to the MC or RR IDEs, and it
makes no difference if the RR installation is in /opt or in /home/peter
or /home/peter/Desktop.  They are however available to every other
application I've tried.

I'd love to be told I'm doing something idiotic and there is an easy fix!

Peter