CGI

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Dec 17 20:03:34 EST 2006

I'm trying make a really simple text-file cgi (on OS X)., which I've
done in the past without difficulty.

I create a new document in textEdit. I copy the script from
"echo.mt" (the script that comes with the Rev installation, I think)
into my new textEdit document.
I save it as "hello.mt". in the CGI-Executables folder. I chmod it's
permissions to 755.

I type "http://localhost/cgi-bin/hello.mt" into the Safari URL field.
I get "Internal Server Error".
I type "http://localhost/cgi-bin/echo.mt" into Safari URL field. I
get the expected listing of globals.

When I get "the detailed files" from the CGI-Executables folder, I
can see that the permissions for "hello.mt" are indeed 755.

So, I simply duplicate the "echo.mt" file, and rename it to "hello.mt".
I type "http://localhost/cgi-bin/hello.mt" into the Safari URL field.
I get the expected listing of globals.

I am now completely baffled. What have I missed out?
Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,

Mark