Touchscreen Hardware

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Fri Dec 15 04:44:45 EST 2006

Hi Dave,

we used Touchscreen Hardware with toolbook and vb.
Any Touchscreen driver I know maps the touch of the user on the screen to the mouse signal of the OS
=> the touch is like the click of the mouse (mousedown mouseup xpos and ypos) and your runrev program gets the signal like any mousesignal - this is my experience. In most cases you can use the touchscreen and the mouse simulaneous (but of course the last used gets the control).

You just have to be careful about the accuracy of the users in clicking  ( a tolerance of 30 pixel min in x and y direction should be handled through your program or the objects to touch on the screen (buttons ...) should be bigger than normal.

Avoid to hyperlink small chunks of text as link in fields - very hard to use on touchscreens.

Regards, Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch

boehmisch at animabit.de