altSQLite variable substitution (partial solution)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Dec 14 13:28:23 EST 2006

Jim-

Thursday, December 14, 2006, 3:30:27 AM, you wrote:

> Not sure what you mean by "encrypted." I suspect you are trying to write
> standard text data to a "blob" typed field. This won't work. The data you
> write has to be binary going in. See my previous suggestion of using Rev
> compress() before write. Then decompress() after read. If this doesn't work,
> have Chris send you the driver he sent me about a month ago.

By "encrypted" I mean if you look at the data that's stored in the
database field, it's not the same data that I put in. SQLite encodes
blob data on the way in and out - there are api calls for this.
Doesn't matter if it's text data or image data or whatever.

At any rate, Chris sent me the proper driver and now all is well.
Thanks.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net