binary vs. text?

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 18:01:39 EST 2006

On 11 Dec 2006, at 22:21, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> Thanks, Sarah. Very cool idea. Seems to work for me. Can anyone
> thing of any cases that this might fail?

I think this would only work if you can be sure that the line endings
in the text files are unix style (numToChar(10)). If, for example,
the file had crlf as line endings, they would be converted when
opening as a file, but not as a binfile. The comparison would fail
even though it was a text file. (Not tested, so please give it a try.)

Cheers
Dave