Save field text to file

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 03:58:39 EST 2006

Thanks Sarah,
Adrian

On 10 Dec 2006, at 23:25, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> After getting a file name from the user, you might then want to check
> to make sure they didn't delete the ".txt" file extension if that is
> important.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah
>

> On 12/11/06, Adrian Williams <adrian at clubtype.co.uk> wrote:
>> Thanks Mark,
>> That works a treat.
>> I still getting used to Rev doing stuff like "it" without me asking
>> for
>> "it"!
>> The --comments REALLY help.
>> Adrian
>>
>> On 10 Dec 2006, at 16:16, Mark Schonewille wrote:
>>
>> > case "Save"
>> >   ask file empty with "Untitled.txt"
>> >   -- now, the variable 'it' contains a file path or
>> >   -- it is empty if the user pressed Cancel
>> >   if it is not empty then
>> >     put it into myFile
>> >     -- set filetype before creating a file
>> >     set the filetype to "ttxtTEXT"
>> >     put fld "edtText" into url ("file:" &  myFile)
>> >   end if
>> >   break

_______________________________________
Adrian Williams Design Ltd (trading as Club Type),
44 Mill Lane,
Merstham,
Redhill,
Surrey RH1 3HQ, UK

Telephone/Facsimile: 01737 643300
dFax (computer reception): 0870 0515681

International tel/fax (UK)+44 1737 643300
International dFax:  (UK)+44 870 0515681

Email: adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Website: http://www.clubtype.co.uk