Save field text to file

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Dec 9 17:08:33 EST 2006

Hi Adrian,

Klaus has given useful advice already, but I want to add the
following. You might want to set the filetype before saving a text file:

set the filetype to "ttxtTEXT"
put fld 1 into url "file:/~folder/file.txt"

If you are making a small application or a stack of which you don't
know whether it will include the internet library, you could also use
the oldfashioned write statement:

set the filetype to "XCELTEXT"
put "~/folder/file.txt" into myFile
open file myFile for write
write fld 1 to file myFile
close file myFile

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 9-dec-2006, om 17:06 heeft Adrian Williams het volgende geschreven: