Multi-standalone communication

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Fri Dec 8 19:40:30 EST 2006

Hi,

I've only been skimming through this discussion, but IF you are only
running on the Mac, you might want to try using AppleEvents to
communicate between the 2 apps in a peer to peer manner.

You can design specific AE messages to mean certain things and then
have the receiving app take appropriate action. You are able also to
pass parameters and it need be, even have these 2 apps work across
the network on different machines.

I haven't had a chance to attempt all this on OS X, but since
AppleEvents have been migrated over, it should pretty much just work
with some minor modifications.

Years back, I was able to even have this work across a LAN bridge
that used a modem so that I could remotely control apps that were on
a large fibre network, all from the comfort of home.

Jesse