Access Plugins

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Dec 6 01:34:33 EST 2006

Mikey-

Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 11:08:45 AM, you wrote:

> All,
> I have a really interesting project that I'm going to be starting here
> shortly, but it has a problem - I need to be able to generate Access
> database files as output (and then zip them).

> I'd love to be able to do this one in RR, because there will be a
> significant amount of parsing, and chunk expressions are SO perfect
> for that.

> However, if I can't use RR to (easily) generate .mdb files then I'm
> going to be forced to use one of the other tools at my disposal.

> Suggestions?

Does it *have* to be Access, or can you generate some intermediate
file (CSV, for example) that could then be imported into Access?
That's the way I would go here if I could get a buyin.

mdb files are a proprietary format, and there's precious little
software around that will muck with them outside of an Access system.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net