Bizarre? Group id = 0???

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 19:44:06 EST 2006

> There seems no way around this bug? As a hack I have moved the group to the
> first group which is what an id of 0 seems to refer to!

I would do a handler such as

on closecard
  set the cpDateCreated of this card to the propIwantLater
--        now it is available to any stack from any card
--        in your case,
--               to the long id of group "_dateCreated"

--         further, I would put the actual info I want to retrieve into the
custom properties to make things easier.
end closecard

Hopefully the bug will be fixed, but until then....
What I have described is not a hack, but another way Rev would allow you to
set and access info.

> Further investigation reveals that this is an issue only for controls that
> have been created and not "loaded" by visiting the card they were created
> on. For my application a group is copied to another card and I refer to
> elements within that group with properties. This is what is not working.
> Visiting the card before getting a reference solves the problem - but is not
> really an option in my case as their are large videos on the card - and this
> is way too slow.
Do you 'copy' the group to the next card or 'place' the group on that card?
And when is this done?  (during development, or program operation)?

On 12/4/06 3:46 PM, "David Bovill" <david at openpartnership.net> wrote:

> No that does not work. That is the script:
>
> getprop date_Record
>     put the long id of me into myView
>     return the long id of group "_dateCreated" of myView
> end date_Record
>
> Still returns:
>
>   group id 0 of group id 3712 of group id 1231 of group id 1275 of card id
> 1002 of stack ....
>
> when called from anoher card. While giving:
>
>   group id 3706 of group id 3698 of group id 1231 of group id 1275 of card
> id 1002 of stack ....
>
> when called from the current card.
Is there a group id 3712?  If so, the group id 3698 seems to be the one you
really want.

> Further investigation reveals that this is an issue only for controls that
> have been created and not "loaded" by visiting the card they were created
> on. For my application a group is copied to another card and I refer to
> elements within that group with properties. This is what is not working.
> Visiting the card before getting a reference solves the problem - but is not
> really an option in my case as their are large videos on the card - and this
> is way too slow.
>
> There seems no way around this bug? As a hack I have moved the group to the
> first group which is what an id of 0 seems to refer to!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas