How to fill out Database Query Builder fields

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Dec 4 13:27:06 EST 2006

Reinhold

Don't give up. I use SQLite3 and it worked great with RunRev and the ALTSQL
plug in. Now I upgraded to 2.7.4 and after moving my datafile (has to be in
the same folder as RunRev main file) and putting the altsqlite plugins where
they go it works fine ....

But, I can't help you with the query builder connection fill-out I find that
even though it works there is no pop-up for SQLite anymore and it is "MYSQL"
that is chosen and which is working even though I'm using SQLite.

In any case I highly recommend that you use Trever's library as much as
possible instead of the query builder as the query builder behaves more like
wine making than science. Trever's library also works faster and you never
get weird errors like the "too many connections open" that you get with the
query builder. The query builder is not really finished anyway as it does
not allow you to insert a new record and the edit record feature doesn't
always work (you enter data in a field and be sure to tab to the next field
and then refresh to check it).

Please try Trevor's library before you give up.

Bill

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\