revQueryDatabase/revCurrentRecord

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 23:30:40 EST 2006

On 12/2/06, baleareninsel at gmx.net <baleareninsel at gmx.net> wrote:

> I downloaded the  Usersguide before, but ... Puh... If thats the book of
> the books, there is still a lot to do to give the RunRev-beginners something
> helpfull in the hands

You might find the inbuilt docs very helpful at this stage.

With Rev running go to the Help menu and select Documentation? - that's for
Mac, sorry I don't know the exact terms for Win but it will be very similar.

A Rev stack will open, click on the A-Z Dictionary button. In the search
field type 'database'. In the top half of the stack will be listed most (if
not all) the Rev commands and functions that are applicable to Rev +
Database. The lower half  of the stack will give the syntax, examples,
similar functions or commands and most importantly any notes for getting it
to work.

Best of all it's all hyperlinked, so if for instance you looked up
'revDatabaseColumnNamed' , one of the functions Jan pointed out, the 'See
Also:' lists a whole heap of other functions that do similar things and
might provide handy solutions, like the very similarly named
'revDatabaseColumnNames' which, if you clicked on it would take you it's
description where you would learn that you don't have to type out the 100
column titles you have (and possible misspell one or two and create a
troubleshooting nightmare) but can get Rev to collect them all for you!

HTH