Where Rev could be going...3D?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Dec 3 14:13:22 EST 2006

On 23/11/06, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> jbv wrote:
>
> > hence my innocent (really) question : what makes users with an
> Enterprise
> > license more qualified to discuss Rev improvements ?
>
> It hasn't got much to do with qualifications, it's just an extra perk
> for those who have an Enterprise license. In addition, Enterprise users
> also get pre-release builds for testing and more direct feedback from
> the development team.
>
> > And do contributions by other users posted on this use-revolution list
> about
> > possible improvements have any echo on the improve list ?

In the old days I'd send suggestions for improvements direct to Mr Raney -
since then and for no really good reason I have not sent in any suggestions
- this list does not seem labled for that and well I am not on the improve
list.

I'd also agree with JB in general on the barriers to taking forwards
extensions to Rev... in my oppinion these barriers do not really exist and
are easy enough to break through if you are really determined - the problem
is that the barrier is high enough to put off early steps of exploration
when you are not really sure that it willl work out - such barriers kill
community efforts. Without strong commercial incentives that is all we have
and with that you can go a long way...