Message Box appears

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Dec 1 14:09:04 EST 2006

Hi Jim and all,

IMHO, you guys are making it too hard.

I've intentionally developed a habit of always putting test info '& cr after
msg'. Then when I'm done, I can easily find all occurrences of 'after msg' and
delete'em.

No, it's not infallible. And sometimes I cheat (like to clear msg at the start
of a 'put after' sequence). But I make my living writing software with
Revolution, and I don't have any self-inflicted misery from rogue 'puts'. To me
that says something about the effectiveness of the approach.

I admit that the 'habit thing' may not be sufficient for every situation. Most
of the time I'm the only programmer on my projects, so I generally don't have to
collaborate with others at the code level. Your mileage may vary. Ask your
doctor if the Habit Way is right for you...  :o)

My $0.02...

Thanks -
Phil Davis