Fun Project: xTalk GUID Generator

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Dec 1 13:40:01 EST 2006

 From  http://home.famkruithof.net/guid-uuid-timebased.html

Generally a programmer does not get the current time in 100
nanosecond intervals since 15 October 1582, but for instance in
millisecond precision since 1 January 1970. In this case, to come
from milliseconds to nanoseconds precision multiply the time returned
from the system by 10000 and to correct the start date add an offset
of 122192928000000000.

Best,

Mark