Another Plugin Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 31 16:30:30 EDT 2006

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Where should libraries used by plugins be placed in the 2.7 folder
> structure?
>
> I have a stack to be used as a library by more than one Rev plugin.  I don't
> need the stack accessible by users since it only provides functions, but
> there doesn't appear to be any means in Rev's Plugins Manager to configure a
> stack to open as a library, or to just not open at all.  The only thing that
> comes to mind is to have Rev open the library stack as invisible and then
> call "start using" the library stack from my "real" plugins.  This assumes I
> place the library stack in the plugins folder.  Should I be placing the
> library somewhere else?

I have one of those. I used the Plugin Settings dialog to assign the
stack to receive a "revOpenStack" message whenever a stack is opened.
Then I put a handler in the stack script:

on revOpenStack
  start using this stack
end revOpenStack

Then I set the stack to open invisibly when Rev starts up. After that,
the first stack I open puts my library in use. Actually, every stack
that is opened puts it in use all over again, but that doesn't hurt
anything. If it bothers you, though, you can add:

  if the short name of this stack is not in the stacksinuse
  then start using this stack

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com