mySQL & RR question

Ton Kuypers tkuypers at dmp-int.com
Thu Aug 31 13:34:02 EDT 2006

Hi gang,

I have created a few (and still more coming up) client-server
applications using RR and mySQL, but now I am in need for a way to to
create a back-up possibility for remote databases...
The clients are Macs and PC's, the servers running the database
Server can be Windows or Mac

I need to create a dump of the whole database, including all table
descriptions and content.
Anyone any idea what to do, to get a dump of the database on one of
the remote administrator desktops, or on my own development Mac, to
have a local copy of the database?

What I can do of course is use the "DESCRIBE" function and create my
own dump, but is there another way anybody knows of? The content can
run into thousands and thousands of records, so retrieving that and
storing it locally can be a small problem when doing it this way, so
any suggestions are welcome...

Warm regards,

Ton Kuypers
Digital Media Partners bvba