Studio resizeing stack behind back of user...,ii

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 30 13:26:55 EDT 2006

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> You cannot change the size windowBoundingRect as Revolution sets it
> on startup by yourself, as ar as I can see.

Fortunately they've added a new extension to the screenRect function
which allows us to deal with windowBoundingRect with complete
flexibility -- from the v2.7.3 "What's New":

   The 'screenRect' function has been extended with the 'working'
   adjective:  the working screenRect: returns the available
   work-area of the primary display

   There is a new function 'screenRects' which returns a list of
   all such rectangles on multi-monitor systems:
   the screenRects: returns the bounding rectangles of all the displays
   (one per line)
   the working screenRects: returns the available work-area of all
   displays
   (one per line)

The windowBoundingRect property is settable, but without knowing the
original values it wasn't previously possible to restore it to its
default setting.

Now that "the working screenRect" has been added we can know that, so
one can easily and safely change the windowBoundingRect to that, or to
any other value, knowing it can be restored to the default if needed.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal