Crash report procedure

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 29 20:01:44 EDT 2006

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I'm getting more crashes under 2.7.3 than
> I've had in past years with Revolution.
>
> What's the proper procedure?
>
> 1) Bugzilla? or Support at runrev.com?

Bugzilla is preferable. You can alternately send to support if you want,
but then the ticket has to be handled by a series of humans and it takes
longer to get inputted. If you input to Bugzilla directly, it shows up
immediately. Do choose only one of the two methods though; otherwise we
get duplicates.

> 2) And, the crash report that is put up by OSX...
> 3) should we copy that and save to the bug zilla?

Yes, always include the crash log if you have it. You can paste it
directly into the comments field, underneath any explanation you enter
about how to reproduce the problem. That way everything is all together
in one place and the engineers can see it easily.

> 4) Should we also submit to Apple to by hitting the submit button
> on their crash reporter?

I don't think that does much good, except for Apple apps. They likely
ignore reports about stuff they don't own.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com