Timeout for a shell command?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Aug 24 05:42:34 EDT 2006

Jim, from the curl manual:

--connect-timeout <seconds>
               Maximum time in seconds that you allow  the
connection  to  the
               server  to  take.   This  only limits the connection
phase, once
               curl has connected this option is of no more use. See
also  the
               -m/--max-time option.

-m/--max-time <seconds>
               Maximum time in seconds that you allow the  whole
operation  to
               take.   This is useful for preventing your batch jobs
from hang-
               ing for hours due to slow networks or links  going
down.   This
               doesn't  work  fully  in win32 systems.  See also the
--connect-
               timeout option.

Best,

Matk