Printing in Windows

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:16:03 EDT 2006

How is printing in Windows supposed to work? In Mac, I go to "Page
setup" and choose the paper layout I want. Then when I print, I get
another dialog allowing me to choose copies, page ranges, quality etc.
Rev ignores the page ranges :-( but apart from that, printing works as
I would expect.

With Windows, when I use "answer printer" which I do when "Page setup"
is chosen from the menu, I get a dialog allowing me to choose the
printer and it's settings, but it also has a Print button. rather to
my surprise, this seems to work, even though I haven't scripted for it
at all. However choosing "Print" from the menu gives me no dialog at
all, it just prints to the default printer, no matter what I chose in
"Page setup".

So what do Windows users expect? Is this correct behaviour? Or should
I forget "Page setup" for Windows and just use the "answer printer"
dialog for printing in a single step?

Please help a confused Mac person...

Cheers,
Sarah