Rev Development help needed for hire

John Baxter mandozine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 00:02:38 EDT 2006

I have a stack that I converted from a SuperCard stack I created about 10
years ago. It has a mainstack, and multiple palletes that insert characters
from two custom fonts into the mainstack. Most of the features are done and
working. I need someone to help me finalize this and create the stand-alone
apps for Windows and Mac. I don't have much of a budget, but I think the
work involved is mainly as follows:

1) create any standard missing code for an app. [My stack just opens an
editing window, with a menu for displaying various palettes, which all work]
2) Create the code for the menus [Open, Save, Print, Quit]
3) If possible, create code for inserting a character from a palette at the
cursor location in the mainstack. [I can insert a char using the keyboard,
but the palettes all insert a char at the end of the last line.]
4) Generate the stand-alone apps. I would like to embed the fonts so the
user doesn't need to install them.

I've been developing on an Intel Mac, but one of the plugins doesn't work on
Intel Macs. Running Revolution under Rosetta crashes when I use the plug-in
or generate a stand-alone.

I figure that getting help will speed this project along, and give me code
to study for future projects.

Email me off-line if you are interested.

ps. This list ROCKS! I have received some great help, especially from Mark
Smith.

--
John Baxter
http://www.mandozine.com

Mandozine Radio:  Tuned Locally - Played Globally
http://www.live365.com/stations/mandozine