Plugins folder? (was Re: How Galaxy is...)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 17 15:08:52 EDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 5:40 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> The third party plugins folder is in the documents folder. The path
> is something like this, depending upon your OS and the version of
> Rev and Galaxy you have: ...documents/my revolution studio/plugins/
> galaxy lite startup.rev.

This is new to me.

I thought the plugins folder was that named "plugins" in the same
folder that contained the Revolution application.

I thought all plugins were (virtually) 3rd party by definition.

The all.pdf doc refers to "the Plugins folder", which to me means
one.  (Well, it means that I should be able to identify the correct
one from context, but for me the context says one.)

What Rev versions look for plugins in these alternate places?

If a Plugin requires a particular release of Revolution, how does
Revolution know when to put it in the Plugins menu?

Where is this documented?

Not <user>/library ?

Confused and curious...

Dar Scott