Getting version string for standalone app

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 16 00:01:08 EDT 2006

Devin Asay wrote:

> I want to be able to dynamically update the version number of my
> application--the number I assign in the Standalone Application
> Settings--to display in my app's "About" substack. My idea is to read
> it from wherever the Standalone Application Settings stack stores it.
> Except after some poking around I wasn't able to find it.
>
> So how do I read the version string that I assign in the S.A.S.
> stack? Or is there some easy, obvious way to read that short version
> string?

I don't know where Rev gets it, but any IDE _could_ be getting it -- and
setting it -- in the uRIP["Version"] property.

The Revolution Interoperability Project (RIP) has a document describing
common properties for common uses:

This initiative is used by a few tools vendors already, and the degree
to which it's adopted by more is the degree to which version control
systems, automated build systems, frameworks, templates, and a whole lot
more can be built easily and used interchangeably with one another.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation