Why do group ID's change when cloning a stack

Joel Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Sat Aug 12 14:31:02 EDT 2006

I agree that in most instances using the name of controls is the best
way.

BUT there is a **semantic** issue with the current behavior of the
clone command because we expect a clone to be an exact copy of the
original.

Also, the problem of changing the ID especially for images is a nasty
one. Suppose you have many groups displaying different images in
fields where the imagesource reference the id of images, the result
of the clone can be not only surprising but also dangerous if IDs are
mixed... (for instance imagine a surgery imaging software which after
cloning a stack displays another image instead of the orginal one
and ... then you - the patient - awake with amputation of the left
leg instead of a back pigmented mole ablation).

Due to the semantic trouble of the current cloning way I suggest that
Claudi who has found this disturbing behavior fills a bug.