Why do group ID's change when cloning a stack

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Aug 11 16:42:03 EDT 2006

> Naming objects are definitely the way to go. (IMHO)

> It is odd that the only the group ID's would change.

Take a look whether the layers of your groups or their objects had changed!

I ran into that sort of difficulty a couple of years ago and found it
very annoying to have to reestablish references to objects based on IDs,
however - at that time, I did not test now - the IDs were changed when a
stack was cloned in case the *layers* of the objects had changed.

Attributing of new IDs will also happen when a card is copied within the
same stack or to another stack (because IDs are unique in a stack), but
the order of the IDs will remain the same - unless you have changed the
layers of the card objects.

Wilhelm Sanke

<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>