Why do group ID's change when cloning a stack

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Aug 11 14:19:33 EDT 2006

Since the days of Hypercard, I have known that using ID's to
reference objects was sketchy at best. As a matter of good
programming practice, you should keep track of all your variables and
object names so there is no inadvertent duplication to bite you in
the butt later. If nothing else, use variable and object names that
specifically describe the actual object. That was, as we learned at
Revconwest 2006, "The code practically comments itself".

Naming objects are definitely the way to go. (IMHO)

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM